Emma and Persuasion on BBC Radio 7 this week

February 2, 2009

Alert Janeite Cate let us know that BBC Radio 7 will be broadcasting radio plays of Emma and Persuasion this week. Emma is in two parts on Monday (that’s today! 11 a.m.!) and Tuesday, with rebroadcasts on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Persuasion in three parts on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, with rebroadcasts of each episode on the following day. Some familiar names show up in the cast list. We hope we get to hear them on this side of the pond! :-) (she said hopefully) Each show will be available to listen to online for a week after the final broadcast.

1. Sion permalink
    February 2, 2009 4:41 am

And we are also delighted to know of the forthcoming broadcast of a dramatisation of that favourite novel of ours, Mansfield Park, by George Eliot.

he he.

2. February 2, 2009 10:49 am

Heh heh, they’re also broadcasting Middlemarch this week. I guess someone was racing through trying to get pages up for the lady authors and got them mixed up.

I love Juliet Stevenson – totally underrated as an actress. Her audiobook versions of the Austen novels are my favorite to listen to. It will be wonderful to hear her in Persuasion.

3. February 2, 2009 11:33 am

Please note: bbc iplayer doesn’t seem to work in Firefox, only in IE unfortunately.

4. Diana I-C permalink
    February 2, 2009 1:04 pm

Where is the cast list? I can’t seem to find it.

5. February 2, 2009 9:15 pm

Gah! Real Player! Bleagh.

6. February 2, 2009 9:29 pm

Try iplayer directly: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_7

tends to be more reliable that realplayer

7. February 2, 2009 10:31 pm

It says I have to install Real Player to play it. I don’t want to install Real Player. I have perfectly functioning audio players on my computer now and finite room on my hard drive. ARGH.

8. Sion permalink
    February 3, 2009 5:59 am

Try this:

It works for me (Win XP, Firefox and Chrome) and I don’t have Real Player installed.