Pemberley is the final station stop for the Janeite Express

March 24, 2010

Pride and Prejudice Subway PosterThe lovely and talented Teresa AF has designed a very cool poster for P&P fans, and has it for sale on her website. (Click on the image at left to see a larger version.)

The Pride and Prejudice subway poster, inspired by a vintage New York subway sign, is not only a list of places in P&P but an expression of Elizabeth Bennet’s journey to self-knowledge and a happy ever after.

The poster is 11 3/4″ x 36” (29.8 cm x 91.4 cm) and designed to fit into an inexpensive standard poster frame (not included). There are two versions available, based on beta user feedback: one with Jane’s spelling of Kenelworth, and one with the real spelling of Kenilworth. ;-) The posters are $15 plus shipping.

Disclaimer: Teresa is a Friend of AustenBlog but we would have posted this on the blog even if she weren’t, because it is that cool.

7 Comments
  1. March 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Yes, it is very cool. I love it.

2. March 25, 2010 9:59 pm

I want to go to there.

3. Enid Wilson permalink
    March 25, 2010 11:28 pm

Very cool. But perhaps I’d remove Ramsgate, not the happiest place for Mr. Darcy.

Steamy Darcy

4. March 26, 2010 12:56 am

Hi!

Teresa AF here! I just wanted to drop by and say thanks!!! I really do appreciate the orders and the great compliments and emails!! I am glad the posters are well-received. A special thank you to Mags for introducing my humble efforts to your notice.

And Enid, I do make custom posters. Ramsgate is a simple change. Email me for details if you are interested! :-)

BTW: A Northanger Abbey poster and some Persuasion inspired greeting cards are going to be next!!!

• Mandy N permalink
      March 26, 2010 4:59 am

Cool ! I’ve always wanted a real Northanger Abbey poster. :)

5. March 26, 2010 11:06 am

OK, the type design is confusing me. It’s based on an early 20th century poster and yet uses a mid-20th century typeface. And then it has varied point sizes from the Victorian era. Most early 20th century designers hated the Victorians.

6. April 1, 2010 12:11 am

I love it! I notice it is already sold out though. Bummer…