September/October issue of Jane Austen’s Regency World published
Highlights of the new issue of the magazine include:
* The Latin touch: how Jane’s fame is spreading in Brazil
* A very secret diary: the heiress Anne Lister’s love for a woman has been turned into a film
* A Cornish exile: Maggie Lane explores the life and times of Charles Austen, Jane’s seafaring brother
* Jane’s best jest: Paul Bethel compares Emma with Mansfield Park
* Required reading: Sue Wilkes explains how no Georgian gentleman could afford to miss
* Enter stage right: Jane Austen would have known the old Theatre Royal in Bath
* My Jane Austen, Marsha Huff: The outgoing president of JASNA shares her love of Jane Austen
Publisher Tim Bullamore added:
Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine is also delighted to announce that it will be at the following events:
– Bath Jane Austen Festival, country fayre at the Guildhall, Bath, on Saturday, September 19
– JASNA AGM, Regency Emporium, in Portland, Oregon, October 28-30
Readers are invited to visit our stand and say hello!
If you are at these events, do stop by and say hello to Tim–he loves to meet readers.