The Adventures of Jane and Thorin, Part the Second

February 9, 2014

Jane, Thorin and the Good Luck Troll Thorin: Miss Austen!

Jane: Yes, your majesty?

Thorin: Perhaps it has escaped your notice, madam, but you are at present under threat of a troll attack.

Troll: HELLO! I AM TROLL!

Jane: Oh…yes, I see.

Thorin: It would be my honour to defend you against this abominable creature, madam.

Jane: I hardly think that necessary, your majesty. He’s just a Good Luck Troll.

Troll: I BRING LUCK! GOOD GOOD LUCK!

Thorin: Back, foul beast! Touch one hair…er…one piece of plastic on this fair maiden and I will smite you!

Troll: WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND?

Jane: Oh, you are a poppet! *strokes his hair*

Thorin: Miss Austen, you are in imminent danger! I do request that you step back and let me send him back to the hell from which he sprung!

Jane: Someplace dark, and far underground, I suppose.

Thorin: Yes! ….wait a minute…

Jane: One should never judge by first impressions, your majesty.

Thorin. No, madam.

Jane: Now why don’t you put away your large Elven sword, and step back?

Thorin: Yes, madam. *mutters* damn damn damn damn…

Jane: I beg your pardon?

Thorin: Nothing, madam.

9 Comments
  1. February 9, 2014 6:54 pm

Amidst my admiration for your extremely clever dialogue, let me caution you to cherish your Original JA Action Figure in her original green spencer. As Alert Janeite Lisa has recently informed us, JA Action Figure 2.1 has a spencer the colour of her Troll’s hair.

2. February 9, 2014 7:28 pm

And as we all know, the quill pen is mightier than the cigar!

3. February 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Blimey, Mags. I’m speechless. I’m not quite sure what to say.

4. #1 Fan permalink
    February 11, 2014 5:25 pm

I must agree with generalgtony, Mags, me darling…..saw this and worried you went over the edge. Then remembered…Oh, it’s just Maggie, all is OK.

• February 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Hey, I’m not the one on painkillers right now, #1 Fan. ;-)

Tony disapproves of my shenanigans, but it’s okay. (Just wait till the JA Finger Puppet makes a cameo appearance in these things.)

5. February 19, 2014 12:26 pm

I love the combo of Jane Austen and the troll! If you have a moment, please check out my blog cicily17@wordpress.com. I take characters such as Mr. Darcy, Jane Eyre, Alice in Wonderland and write about them in modern situations.
    Annabelle