We have been asked to remind those planning to attend the JASNA AGM in Philadelphia next month (wow, next month!!!) that tickets are still available for a special event on Friday night: 11th Hour Theatre Company will present a one-night-only benefit concert performance of Austentatious, a very funny and clever musical about a community theater company putting on the world’s worst stage production of Pride and Prejudice. (Read the Editrix’s review of the play from a couple of years ago.) A bus will be provided to shuttle theater-goers to the venue. ETA: The shuttle bus is ONLY for AGM attendees; you must show your e-mail ticket for the play and official AGM nametag to board.
Please read these directions carefully to purchase your ticket for the show. Tickets will not be available for purchase at the door; you must purchase the ticket online in advance. The show is also popular among theatre geeks, of which there are many in Philly, so it is strongly suggested that if you want to attend, you purchase your ticket soon.
* General admission tickets are $26.50, including service fee. Seating is limited; purchase tickets early to avoid disappointment.
* There is no reserved seating. General admission only.
* Tickets may be purchased online using only this special link.
* You will receive an email confirmation; bring it with you as it will serve as your ticket. NOTE: Be certain to check your email inbox and your junk mailbox for email regarding your tickets.
* Transportation to and from the hotel will be provided by the AGM for those who have purchased tickets to Austentatious. Free trolleys will loop from the hotel to the theater an hour before and an hour after the performance.
* Trolleys will begin the loop at 7 p.m. and end the loop at approximately 11:30 p.m. Note: an email confirmation from 11th Hour Theatre will guarantee your place on the trolley.
There are no other planned AGM activities for Friday night, and we can recommend the play very highly. There will be time before and after to sample the restaurants and nightlife of Philadelphia, if one is so inclined!